We all need scrumptious ginger cookies this time of year, so today we are going to show you how to make healthy gingersnaps that are packed with nutrient-rich ingredients and free of any gluten, grains or refined sugars.
This recipe makes thick, chewy and soft ginger cookies that are very low in carbs and sugar-free!
Print Pin Keyword gluten free, low carb, sugar free
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3/4 cup lakanto monkfruit natural sweetener of choice
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (butter, vanilla extract, egg)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and use a spatula to mix until you get a dough-like texture with slightly stiff peaks. Do not over mix.
- Cover and freeze dough for about 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a spoon to measure each cookie dough into about 8 balls. Place them apart by a couple inches of each other, then use your spatula to flatten each cookie, or just use your palm.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Each cookie contains only 1g net carb.
LowCarbCrave.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.