Here at LowCarbCrave we’ve been inundated with requests for a keto-friendly lemon bar recipe. Lo and behold, we deliver!
Today we share a lovely homemade lemon bar recipe that is both keto and gluten-free. This recipe is so easy to make and requires simple ingredients you probably already have.
These lemon bars are sweet and tangy with a creamy lemon filling and a buttery low carb short bread crust.
This recipe contains the right amount of macros to keep a keto diet in balance. You can even consider this a fancy lemon fat bomb.
Per serving: 2.8g net carbs, 27g fat, 6.5g protein, 290 calories.
Easy Keto Lemon Bars Recipe
For the Crust
- 2 cup almond flour
- ½ cup lakanto monkfruit or your preferred choice of sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter melted
For the Lemon Filling
- 1 ½ cup lakanto monkfruit or your preferred choice of sweetener
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 4 lemons zested and juiced
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- powdered sweetener for topping
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients for the crust and combine well. Mix the dry ingredients first before adding the wet ingredients.
- Line a 9.5 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the mixture inside and spread evenly to the edges. Bake at the center of the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the edges brown and top turn golden brown.
- While the crust is baking in the oven, proceed to make the lemon filling.
- Zest all four lemon, taking just the yellow part. Then squeeze all the juices out of it. Make sure to filter out the seeds.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients for the lemon filling before adding the wet ingredients. Combine and mix until well incorporated.
- After the crust is ready and has been cooled down, pour the lemon filling on top. Place back in the oven while still at 350°F and bake for another 20 minutes.
- After baking let it cool and sit for at least one hour.
- After it's cooled completely, cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
- When it's ready, take out of the refrigerator and remove the lemon bars from the baking dish and place on a cutting board. Cut into 12 square bars.
- Generously sprinkle powdered sweetener for topping.
- Serve and enjoy!