Easy Keto Vanilla Ice Cream - Best Low Carb Dessert
Ingredients for Keto Vanilla Ice Cream
Looking for a delicious, sweet and creamy ice cream recipe that will satisfy your cravings while sticking to the keto diet? This keto vanilla ice cream recipe is one of our favorite keto desserts. It does come out in a soft-serve consistency but firms up nicely after freezing for a few hours. Best kept in the freezer overnight for a nice hard scoop like regular ice cream. This homemade low carb ice cream is so easy to make there’s no way you can mess it up!
- 6 whole eggs
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp gelatin
- 3/4 cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract pure
- pinch of salt
Low Carb Vanilla Ice Cream Cooking Method
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, almond milk, heavy whipping cream, gelatin, monkfuit sweetener and salt. Whisk and mix.
- Prepare a large bowl filled with ice, sit another bowl on top of that bowl with a mesh strainer sitting on top.
- Heat up a sauce pan on LOW heat and pour in the mixture. Constantly whisk while gradually turning up the heat to MEDIUM. This process should take about one minute or until mixture is thickened. The goal is to slightly cook the eggs so they aren't raw but at the same time you don't want to over cook them.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and pour the mixture through the mesh strainer and into the bowl underneath. Work at it with a large spoon so that it is completely drained through.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Take out once chilled.
- Then add the vanilla extract and mix in well.
- Now it's time to pour mixture into your ice cream maker. Follow the directions according to the manufacturer's instruction manual.
- Once completed, pour into a container and freeze for an additional 3 hours for a firmer ice cream texture. For best results freeze overnight.
- Ice Cream Maker
- Mesh Strainer
- Sauce Pan