Best Low Carb Keto Pizza Crust Recipe (With Yeast)
Down with the soft cauliflower pizza! This yeast pizza crust is crispy and stronger than ever — in the best New York traditions! The perfect base for your favorite filling!
SERVINGS: One Pizza dough diameter 25 cm (6 servings).
Ingredients for the Keto Pizza Crust
- ⅓ cups filtered water (80 ml);
- 1 cup almond flour (100 g);
- ⅓ cups flaxseed flour (37 g);
- 2 tsp yeast (6 g);
- 3 tsp psyllium (27 g);
- 2 tsp maple syrup or honey (10 ml)*;
- 1½ tsp baking powder without aluminum (5 g);
- ½ tsp sea salt (2.5 g) 1 tsp gelatin from grass-fed beef.
- 2 large domestic eggs (100 g);
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin olive oil (14 g);
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (10 ml).
Low Carb Pizza Cooking Method
- Prepare a baking stone or pizza pan or grease with butter and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, pour hot water (41 °C — 43 ° C) yeast and 2 tsp sweetener * (maple syrup or honey). Cover the bowl with a towel and leave for 7 minutes for the yeast to take effect.
- While the yeast is coming, mix almond flour, flaxseed flour, psyllium, baking powder, sea salt and gelatin in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs with vinegar and oil.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the yeast. Mix with a mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir at medium speed until smooth.
- Put the dough on the prepared pizza pan, lubricate your hands with oil. With light movements of your fingers, shape the dough.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel so that it does not touch the surface of the dough, and put it in a warm place so that the dough rises for 50 minutes. The dough should rise about 1-2 cm
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 177 °C.
- Place the pizza base in the oven and bake for 10-14 minutes. Then add the filling and put it back in the oven to melt the cheese.
- Calories 181
- Total Fat 14 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 70 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 10 g
- Sugar 1 g
- Fiber 7 g
- Protein 7 g
- Potassium 282 mg