This delicious sausage soup doesn’t need to simmer for hours to develop great flavor.
Thanks to a satisfying combination of spicy Poblano pepper, classic herbs, and an interesting blend of spices, this soup delivers lots of fantastic flavor in just over half an hour.
This soup is great as a hearty appetizer or as a satisfying light meal when paired with a green salad. As an added bonus, it tastes even better as leftovers for lunch the next day!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1/2 medium poblano pepper diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1.5 tsp dried chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cups sugar-free chicken stock organic
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is no longer pink inside, approximately 5 minutes. As the sausage cooks, break it into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the red and Poblano pepper, celery, basil, oregano, rosemary, chili powder, cumin, and cinnamon to the pot. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally until the veggies have softened, around 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach and cook for another 4-5 minutes, or just until the spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, topped with shredded cheddar cheese and some additional diced Poblano pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
Carbs/Serving:* Total carbs: 3.9 gFiber: 1.3 g.
Net carbs: 2.6 g
Best Keto Meatloaf Muffins (Low Carb, Gluten-Free)
LowCarbCrave.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.